TOPIC: APPRECIATION DAY: Joy In Persecution (5) One Year Bible Reading: Daniel 3 - 4 1 John 5 MEMORY VERSE: Psalms 136:1-2. "1. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever. 2. O give thanks unto the God of gods: for his mercy endureth for ever." BIBLE READING: James 1:2-3. "2. My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; 3. Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience." Thinking Point: Persecution as Christians should bring us Joy for we are known for Christ. Our joy will never be diluted or tampered with in Jesus' mighty name, Amen. Today, in the world, it's not news that Christians are being persecuted for the sake of Christ. Segregation in work places, environment and being denied rightful position. Jesus made it known while on earth that persecution will come our way according to John 15:20 "Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his...
TOPIC: SOURCE OF LIFTING: Prayer Brings Lifting (7) One Year Bible Reading: Joel 1 - 3 Revelation 5. MEMORY VERSE: Psalms 75:6 - 7. "6. For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south. 7. But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another." BIBLE READING: Psalms 61:1-2. "1. Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. 2 From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I." Thinking Point: Praying for lifting shows God your desire and the hunger of your heart. Solemnly, can we take this hymn and take the chorus repeatedly. I'm pressing on the upward way, New heights I'm gaining every day; Still praying as I onward bound, Lord, plant my feet on higher ground. Refrain: Lord, lift me up and let me stand, By faith, on Heaven's table land; A higher plane than I have found; Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.a Our last point today is...
TOPIC: THE STRENGTH OF THE LORD: Strength to Walk and not Faint (9) One Year Bible Reading: Habakkuk 1 - 3 Revelation 13:11 - 14:1 - 20 MEMORY VERSE: Isaiah 41:10. "10. Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." BIBLE READING: Isaiah 40:31. "31. But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; AND THEY SHALL WALK, AND NOT FAINT." Thinking Point: The strength of God enables one to walk without fainting. This coming year, we shall walk and not faint, we shall run and not grow weary, we shall mount up with eagle's wings in Jesus' mighty Amen. The third need of God's strength is to renew our strength not faint while walking. God's strength, as we said earlier, enables us to soar like an eagle, it enables us to run and ...
Comments