Oluboye Emmanuel Ministry© Mobile Daily Devotional Week 33, Day 7, Saturday, 15th August 2026 TOPIC: Hymn Messages: Blessed Assurance (14)


TOPIC: Hymn Messages: Blessed Assurance (14)

One Year Bible Reading:
Psalm 102 - 103
Romans 16

MEMORY VERSE:
Ephesians 5:19.
“Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;”

BIBLE READING:
James 4:8
“Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.”

Thinking Point:
Intimacy with God is spirituality while doing the things of God is activity. God wants Spirituality not just activity.

To God alone be the glory for seeing us through this week again, we return to say, “Thank You Jesus”. 

Our focus hymn today is "Draw me Nearer” written by the same Fanny Crosby. She was a woman blind from birth. This hymn is a personal desire to be closer to Jesus.

1. I am Thine, O Lord, I have heard Thy voice,
and it told Thy love to me;
but I long to rise in the arms of faith,
and be closer drawn to Thee.

Refrain:
Draw me nearer, nearer, blessed Lord,
to the cross where Thou hast died;
draw me nearer, nearer, blessed Lord,
to Thy precious, bleeding side.

2. Consecrate me now to Thy service, Lord,
by the pow'r of grace divine;
let my soul look up with a steadfast hope,
and my will be lost in Thine. 

[Refrain]

3. O, the pure delight of a single hour
that before Thy throne I spend,
when I kneel in prayer, and with Thee, my God,
I commune as friend with friend! 

[Refrain]


4. There are depths of love that I cannot know
till I cross the narrow sea;
there are heights of joy that I may not reach
till I rest in peace with Thee. [Refrain]

This hymn came from Fanny’s daily desire and prayer life. In the mid-1870s, Fanny was in her 50s and had been walking with the Lord for decades. She was constantly teaching at the New York City Mission and praying with people who were struggling, backsliding, or just feeling distant from God.

Believers didn’t have big problems. Their problem was distance and lack of intimacy. They weren’t in sin, but they weren’t close to Jesus either. They were lukewarm. So Fanny wrote this hymn as a prayer for herself first, then for the church.  
She said the burden on her heart was: “Lord, I don’t just want to serve You. I want to be near You.”

This is the need of Believers today. We serve God, we pray, we go for services but still we are very far to God. The intimacy isn't there. We lack fellowship with God. Bishop Oyedepo once said, “Spirituality is different from activities”. Spirituality is fellowship with God while activity is personal contributions to God. God wants us closer to Him, that is fellowship. We are available for God's work but not available for fellowshipping with Him. This is the prompt for this hymn by Fanny Crosby.

This hymn is meant for people who felt cold, distracted, or stuck in routine. It’s a prayer of surrender.
How desperate are you to be closer to God? How is our fellowship and intimacy with Christ? Are we not being bothered about the things of the world other than having time for Jesus?

“Draw me nearer, nearer, blessed Lord,
to the cross where Thou hast died;
draw me nearer, nearer, blessed Lord,
to Thy precious, bleeding side”

This should be our cry, to be closer to God than yesterday. Intimacy with God isn't just when we need Him but every moment of our days. Let us seek to be more closer to Him than we've ever been.

God bless you and Good Morning.

Thank you for following Mobile Daily Devotional. For testimonies, support, donations, and partnership, you can reach us on Whatsapp: 08036364861 & 08056470251. God bless you all.





Oluboye Emmanuel Ministry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oluboye Emmanuel Ministry Mobile Daily Devotional Week 49, Day 5, Thursday, 4th December, 2025 TOPIC: APPRECIATION DAY: Joy In Persecution (5)

Oluboye Emmanuel Ministry Mobile Daily Devotional Week 1, Day 1, Sunday, 28th December, 2025 TOPIC: PREPARING FOR 2026: Go After Those Loses (3)

Oluboye Emmanuel Ministry Mobile Daily Devotional Week 4, Day 3, Tuesday, 20th January, 2026 TOPIC: 2026, My Year To BE SOUGHT FOR: Remain In Your Calling (19)