Oluboye Emmanuel Ministry© Mobile Daily Devotional Week 32, Day 1, Sunday, 2nd August 2026



TOPIC: Hymn Messages: Amazing Grace (1)

One Year Bible Reading:
Psalm 60 - 63
Romans 6: 15 - 7:1- 6

MEMORY VERSE:
Ephesians 5:19.
“Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;”

BIBLE READING:
1 Corinthians 15:10
“But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.”

 Thinking Point:
We are all products of Grace, no matter what we have achieved in life.*

Happy new week to everyone. The grace and peace of God be with us forever and ever, in Jesus’ Mighty Name, *Amen.*

This week we shall be encouraging ourselves with Hymns, according to the words of Apostle Paul. Today, we start with the Hymn titled *“Amazing Grace”* by John Newton.

Amazing grace (how sweet the sound)
that saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found,
I was blind, but now I see.

'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
and grace my fears relieved;
how precious did that grace appear
the hour I first believed!

Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come:
'tis grace has brought me safe thus far,
and grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promised good to me,
his word my hope secures;
he will my shield and portion be
as long as life endures.

Yes, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
and mortal life shall cease:
I shall possess, within the veil,
a life of joy and peace.

The earth shall soon dissolve like snow,
the sun forbear to shine; 
God, who called me here below,
will be forever mine.

What is Amazing Grace? 
It is the undeserved, unmerited favor and love of God toward sinners. It’s God choosing to forgive, save, and bless us not because we earned it, but because of Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross.

Apostle Paul said in Ephesians 2:8-9, 
_“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.”_

The Hymn “Amazing Grace” is one of the most famous Christian hymns, written by John Newton in 1772. He was a former slave trader who encountered God’s forgiveness. His mother died when he was seven. The song tells his story — how God’s grace rescued him from a sinful past, gave him hope, and kept him safe. It’s about being lost, then found. Blind, then seeing.

2 Corinthians 12:9
_“And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”_

Grace is what helped us achieve the feats we boast of. It gives strength in weakness, guidance in confusion, and sustains us in times of need. We have all enjoyed God’s grace in many ways. Truthfully, Grace is the reason you are alive today. I am what I am today only by the grace of God.

We are products of Grace.No matter what we are going through, Grace is available to help us through.

God bless you and Good Morning.

Thank you for following Mobile Daily Devotional. For testimonies, support, donations, and partnership, you can reach us on Whatsapp: 08036364861 & 08056470251. God bless you all.





Oluboye Emmanuel Ministry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oluboye Emmanuel Ministry Mobile Daily Devotional Week 49, Day 5, Thursday, 4th December, 2025 TOPIC: APPRECIATION DAY: Joy In Persecution (5)

Oluboye Emmanuel Ministry Mobile Daily Devotional Week 1, Day 1, Sunday, 28th December, 2025 TOPIC: PREPARING FOR 2026: Go After Those Loses (3)

Oluboye Emmanuel Ministry Mobile Daily Devotional Week 4, Day 3, Tuesday, 20th January, 2026 TOPIC: 2026, My Year To BE SOUGHT FOR: Remain In Your Calling (19)